YUM!!!! I’ve had this sandwich 3 days in a row now, and I can’t get over (1) how easy it is, (2) how fresh and summery it tastes, and (3) how filling it is. The number of open-face sandwiches you get depends on how big your bread slices are and how thin you slice the avocado. The recipe below is for 2 slices of bakery size loaves of sourdough bread.
2 large slices of sourdough bread (or multiple small slices of a baguette)
1 garlic clove
1 avocado, sliced thinly
1 tomato, diced (I remove the seeds so that the sandwich doesn’t become soggy)
lemon juice (maybe 1/4 tsp, but
sea salt and pepper
10 pistachios, roughly chopped
1/4 tsp toasted pistachio oil (good quality extra virgin olive oil also works)
1. Toast the bread until its nice and crusty. While still hot, rub the garlic clove all over the top (this is just enough to give a hint of garlic, you may not even use the entire clove).
2. Layer the avocado slices so that they are slightly overlapping, but still in a single layer.
3. Spread the tomatoes on top of the avocado slices.
4. Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice on top. Then, sprinkle the sea salt and black pepper all over (to taste).
5. Sprinkle the pistachios on top. Finish by drizzling a little bit of pistachio oil over the sandwich. Serve right away!