Last time I made butter, I had all this liquid left from the first press of the butter. It tasted amazing in these biscuits. That being said, it’s much easier and still yum to use ready-made buttermilk. Also, the cheese really affects the flavor, so definately use a cheese that you like!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into medium size cubes
1/4-1/2 cup jalapenos, chopped fine
1.5 cups cheese, grated (fontina, mozzarella, and cheddar taste good)
1 cup buttermilk
1. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
2. Beat in the butter until the mix is crumbly.
3. Using a spoon or spatula, mix in the jalapenos and cheese.
4. Mix in the buttermilk, until just combined. The dough will be wet and sticky.
5. Drop by the tablespoonful onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat. They should be about 1 inch apart.
6. Bake at 450 F for 10-12 min (until the top turns a very light brown)