I have had cashew flour in my fridge for 2 weeks, and no inspiration as to what to make with it. I also found odds and ends of chocolate in my pantry. Put them together… and this cute crispy cookie is born! It’s surprisingly easy and looks pretty. I’m definitely going to include them on my holiday cookie tray!
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp orange extract
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup cashew flour
1/4 cup grated or finely chopped dark chocolate
1. Beat the butter and sugar on low speed until it is smooth and creamy.
2. Beat in the vanilla extract, orange extract, salt, and baking soda.
3. Add the all purpose flour and cashew flour. Beat on low speed until all the flour is incorporated. Mix in the grated chocolate.
3. Option 1 (What I think makes the most consistent cookies): Roll the dough into a log (I make mine ~1 inch thick), wrap it in parchment paper, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. When you want to bake them, cut slices 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick (thinner = crispier). Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (or a silpat) about 1 inch apart.
Option 2 (If you want to bake them right away): Drop about 1 tsp size balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (or a silpat) about 2 inches apart.
4. Bake at 350 F for 10-12 mins (edges will turn light brown). Let them cool.