An Asian-influenced ice cream for the adventurous foodie! I had this for the first time at a gelateria, and loved the flavor. It’s a great blend of nutty, sweet, salty, and creamy- I totally recommend trying it at least once!
5 tbsp black sesame seeds, roasted
2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups half and half
2 cups whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1. Roast sesame seeds, stirring constantly, in a non-stick pan on med-high until they start to smell nutty and pop (10-15 min).
2. In a food processor, blend the sesame seeds until they start to stick together. Add the honey and blend until it becomes a paste.
3. In a small saucepan, heat the half and half and sugar on med until the sugar dissolves.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients (make sure all the lumps of sesame seed paste are dissolved). Chill for at least 2 hours.
5. Pour the chilled mix into an ice cream maker and process as per the manufacturer instructions.