Sometimes I’m in the mood for pizza, but not the super cheesy ones you normally get. I like them with lots of veggies, and less cheese. This is a fairly easy recipe that probably takes less than half an hour to make. I say it’s quick because I use the ready-made crust, so all you really have to do is cut veggies and bake! If you don’t have any of the veggie ingredients, you can just leave them out. I happened to have these things in my fridge/freezer which is why I put them on the pizza. The avocado was an experiment since they were very ripe, but I really liked it! Also, I make pizzas crust-less because I find the crust too doughy and because I haven’t figured out a way to keep it from burning.
Ingredients1 ready made pizza crust (I used the ciabatta one from Trader Joe’s) 3 tbsp tomato sauce (I use arrabiata sauce) 1/4 cup corn (I used fire roasted frozen corn from Trader Joe’s) 1/4 cup bell peppers, chopped 1/8 cup onions, chopped fine 1/2 avocado, cubed 10 grape, cherry, or baby heirloom tomatoes, cut in half 1/2 cup spinach, torn 1/2 cup arugula, torn salt and pepper, to sprinkle on top (optional) 1/8 cup shredded fontina cheese (or cheese of your choice)
1/8 cup shredded Swiss cheese (or cheese of your choice)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the crust all the way to the edge.
3. In a large bowl, mix the corn, bell peppers, onions, avocado, tomatoes, spinach, arugula, salt and pepper. Spread this mix on top of the pizza crust. Bake for 10 mins at 350 F.
4. Remove from the oven and sprinkle both cheeses on top. Bake for an additional 3-5 mins (until the cheese just beings to turn light brown).
5. Remove, cut into slices, and serve hot!