First off- my apologies for the long lag in posting! I figured I got enough complaints that I should post something (although to be quite honest, I don’t cook much in summer). Anyhow, this pasta recipe stems from having very few ingredients in the house. My biggest time-saving tip is to start the water for the pasta before you cut everything up, since making the pasta probably takes the longest. The best thing is, if you time it right, you can have dinner ready in 15 mins!
Ingredients16 oz penne (or pasta of your choice) 1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 tsp crushed red pepper (pizza pepper)
5 large tomatoes, chopped into big pieces 2 cups fresh spinach (or 1 cup frozen chopped spinach) 1/2 tsp salt
1 green bell pepper, chopped Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the penne based on the boxed directions. When it’s done, drain and add it in Step 4.
2. Saute the onions, garlic, and crushed red pepper in olive oil on medium high heat for ~3 mins.
3. Add the tomatoes, spinach, and salt. Cook for 5 mins.
4. Add the bell peppers and pasta and cook for 5 mins.
5. Serve hot, topped with Parmesan cheese (optional).