This is one of my favorite things to make with leftover roti. Although I have to admit, I very rarely make roti. This batch was made with leftovers from when my mom made some last night. If you don’t have roti, this works well with whole wheat tortillas too.
Ingredients1/2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds 1/2 tsp mustard seeds 4 curry leaves 1 cup roti (or whole wheat tortillas), torn into pieces ~1 inch big 3/4 cup plain yogurt 1/4 cup water 1/4 tsp turmeric powder 1/4 tsp red pepper powder 1/4 tsp salt
1. In a bowl, mix the yogurt, water, turmeric, red pepper powder, and salt. Keep this on the side to add later.
2. In a small saucepan, fry the cumin seeds and mustard seeds in the oil. When the mustard seeds start to pop, add the curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
3. Add the roti pieces to the oil and cook for 2-3 mins, stirring constantly.
4. Add the yogurt mix and cook for 3-4 mins, stirring constantly, until it starts to boil.
5. Remove from the heat and serve hot.