Since a good number of people in my family doesn’t eat eggs, I’m always on the lookout for egg-less dessert recipes. This one came out well, with a strong spiced flavor. Usually in egg-less cakes and cookies, I taste baking soda. In this one, you can’t taste it, which is really nice. The only other comment I have is that I found them a little dry. I worked around it by putting an Amaretto Chocolate Glaze on top, which worked out nicely!
Ingredients1/4 cup butte, room temperature 1/3 cup packed brown sugar 1/4 tsp vanilla essence 1/4 tbsp lemon juice 1/8 cup sour cream pinches of nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice 1/4 tsp baking soda 1 tsp baking powder 3 tbsp milk 1 cup all purpose flour
1. Cream the butter and brown sugar together.
2. Mix in the vanilla, lemon, sour cream, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda, and baking powder.
3. Add 1 tbsp of milk and mix well. Add 1/3 cup flour and mix well. Repeat two more time until all of the milk and flour is incorporated.
4. Place ~1 tsp of dough on a baking tray / cookie sheet, placing them about 2 inches apart, and flatten them slightly. (You can also use a cookie press, which is what I did)
5. Bake them for 12-15 mins at 350 F until they are light brown on top. Wait about 5 mins and then remove them from the baking tray.
6. Optional: Top with glaze, jam, or anything else! I used Amaretto Chocolate Glaze.