I realized today that a lot of my recipes involve tofu. Since I usually broil it (as opposed to deep-frying), I thought it might be easier to include a post on how to broil tofu and just reference this post in future recipes.
Ingredients1 lb tofu salt, to sprinkle on top oil to grease baking tray
1. Drain and cut the tofu into whatever size pieces you need for the recipe. Sprinkle salt on top.
2. Optional step (I like doing this because it makes the tofu softer and brown more evenly, but it’s not mandatory): Set up a steamer and steam the tofu for ~5 mins.
3. Arrange the pieces in a single layer on a lightly greased baking tray.
4. Broil on the top rack of the oven for ~15 mins (until the top turns golden brown). Flip them over and broil for an ~7 more mins (until the other side turns golden brown).
5. Add this tofu to other recipes or eat it with you favorite sauce!