I felt like using up the eggs we had in the fridge, and I was in an Indian-y mood, so I made these scrambled eggs with Indian spices. You can eat them with any type of bread, the one pictured on the left is injera (an Ethiopian bread).
Ingredients6 egg whites and 1 whole egg 2 tbsp milk 1/2 tsp coriander-cumin powder 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp oil 1 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 small onion, chopped fine 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine 1/4 bell pepper (red and or green), chopped fine 1 tomato, chopped 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1. Whisk eggs, milk, salt, coriander-cumin powder, and red chili powder in a bowl with a fork till mixed.
2. Melt oil in a skillet or non-stick pan on med-high heat. Saute cumin seeds, onion, and garlic for ~3 mins.
3. Add tomato, bell peppers, cilantro, and egg mix. Decrease heat to low and stir gently so the veggies are mixed into the eggs.
4. Cook on low until the bottom is set (the top will still be jelly-like). Using a flat non-stick spatula, gently scrape the bottom of the pan so the liquid from the top spills on to the bottom. Let the eggs set again before scraping. Continue to cook the eggs, stirring occasionally, until they are they are done (I like them a golden brown color which takes about 7-10 minutes).
5. Serve hot, with bread of your choice! =)