Thanks to the unexpected snowfall, I stayed inside all day (yes 3 inches is enough to make me house-bound!). Anyhow, snow days always put me in the mood to bake. As I mentioned in a previous post, I love the Holiday Biscotti, so I figured I’d try a cookie version of it. Plus, I recently bought Pumpkin Pie spice and I wanted to use it in something. =)
Ingredients1/2 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup white sugar 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, room temperature
1 egg 1 tsp vanilla extract 3/4 cup unbleached flour 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp allspice 1/4 tsp nutmeg 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped 1/4 cup chocolate chips 1/4 cup craisin 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped into craisin sized pieces 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1. Cream the butter and sugars together.
2. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. Mix this into the butter-sugar well.
4. Mix the walnuts, chocolate chips, craisins, apricots, and oatmeal in the bowl that had the flour. Mix these into the flour-butter-sugar well.
5. Make round balls ~1 tbsp in size and place them on an ungreased baking tray ~2 inches apart from each other. Flatten slightly.
6. Bake for 10-12 min at 350 F.