Note: Since I like drinking this at work, where I don’t have access to a stove, I made a microwavable version. I kept the measurements the same below for simplicity, but when I make it for work, I make a large batch by mixing the pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin pulp, vanilla, and sugar. I store this mix in a bottle in the fridge and add 3 tbsp of it to 1 tbsp of instant coffee and 1 cup of milk.
Ingredients1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice 2 tbsp canned pumpkin puree 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 tbsp sugar (or to taste)
1.5 cup milk 1/8 cup brewed espresso (or very strong instant coffee)
Directions (stove top)
1. Mix the pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin pulp, vanilla, and milk in a saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly.
2. When it’s almost boiling, add the espresso and mix.
3. Optional: Sprinkle cocoa powder on top.
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a mug (you may need to cut the recipe in half).
2. Heat in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds, until almost boiling.